Tyler Wheeler, M.D. Curriculum Vitae
Specialty: Family Practice, Sports Medicine
Fellowship in Primary Care Sports Medicine 2013-2014
Family Medicine Residency of Idaho
777 N. Raymond
Boise, ID 83704
Residency in Family Medicine 2010-2013
University of Washington Department of Family Medicine
314 NE Thornton Place
Seattle, WA 98125
Mercer University School of Medicine 2006-2010
Doctor of Medicine
1550 College St.
Macon, GA 31207
Bachelor of Science, Biology 2001-2004
Sewanee: The University of The South
735 University Ave.
Sewanee, TN 373
- AMSSM Advanced Ultrasound of the Elbow course – April, 2015
- AMSSM Advanced Ultrasound of the Hand/Wrist course – April, 2015
- AMSSM Advanced Musculoskeletal Ultrasound course – April, 2014
- Ada County Medical Society Winter Clinics – Feb, 2014
- Orthotalk Ultrasound Course – Jan, 2014
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine Annual Meeting – 2013 – 2015
- American Academy of Family Physicians Skin Problems and Diseases course – 2012
Medical Volunteer, Dharamsala India, 4/10-5/10
Himalayan Health Exchange
PO Box 610
Decatur, GA 30031-0610
Mountain Guest Services, 1/06-4/06
Sun Valley Company
PO Box 10
Sun Valley, ID 83353
Medical Volunteer, 9/05-12/05
Embangweni Hospital, Malawi
Medical Assistant, 9/04-9/05
Family Medicine and Wellness
380 Washington Ave.
Ketchum, ID 83340
Emergency Department Technician, 7/03-9/03 & 7/04-9/04
1000 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
Patient Reported Assessment in Satisfaction and Excellence (PRAISE) Award
- Rated above the 80th percentile nationally for communication skills.
- The only resident in the University of Washington system to receive this award in the 2012-2013 academic year
Service to the Family of Man Award
- Awarded by the Mercer University School of Medicine Department of Family Medicine to the medical student who most exemplifies “those scholarly and caring qualities of the ideal family physician.”
The Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Elected by medical school peers “in recognition of exemplary service, integrity, clinical excellence and compassion.”
Omicron Delta Kappa – The National Leadership Honor Society
- Inducted by peers “in recognition of conspicuous attainments and service in collegiate activities.”
Wheeler TH and Cawse-Lucas J. Post Concussion Syndrome. In: Domino FJ, Baldor RA, et al. The 5-Minute Clinical Consult. 23rd ed. Phildelphia,PA: Wolter Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2015.
Wheeler TH and Cawse-Lucas J. Post Concussion Syndrome. In: Domino FJ, Baldor RA, et al. The 5-Minute Clinical Consult. 22nd ed. Phildelphia,PA: Wolter Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2014.
University of Washington – residency didactic presentation on the clinical examination of the spine. March, 2013.
Family Medicine Residency of Idaho – fracture management and casting workshop instructor. October, 2013.
St. Alphonsus Health System, “Sports Talk” – lecture to athletic trainers and coaches on MRSA in sport. November, 2013.
Family Medicine Residency of Idaho – didactic presentation on the management of common hand injuries. December, 2013.
Family Medicine Residency of Idaho – didactic presentation on cardiovascular screening of adolescent athletes. January, 2014.
Ada County Medical Society Winter Clinics – presentation on cardiovascular screening in younger athletes: a review of the Seattle Criteria. February, 2014
- Suture clinic instructor for the Rural/Underserved Opportunities Program and the Family Medicine Interest Group at the University of Washington
- Introduction to Clinical Medicine (ICM) group leader 2012-2013
- Course taken by 1st year medical students that teaches interview techniques, exam and write up skills.
- Social Co-Chair of the Mercer School of Medicine Class of 2010
- Intra-Fraternity Counsel Chairman of Community Service and Academic Affairs at the University of The South
- Co-Chair of the Big People for Little People Service Organization at the University of The South
- President of the Wellington Social Society at the University of The South
- Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity at the University of The South
- Rush Chairman 2001-2002
- Community Service Chairman 2001-2004
- Vice President 2002-2003
American Board of Family Medicine – ID No. 154571
Member of the American Academy of Family Physicians
Member of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine