Location: Sandy Springs, GA (Northside Hospital Area)
Family Practice Center, P.C. is a comprehensive, high-volume family practice medical group looking for an internal Billing Specialist to join our growing team. We pride ourselves on providing a wide variety of healthcare needs for our patients including top-level care and in-house diagnostic testing. We are proud to have become one of the highest-rated primary care practices with multiple locations in the metropolitan Atlanta area. Our number one priority is providing quality patient care, and as a team member, you will support your colleagues, providers, and patients by offering the highest level of customer service.
At Family Practice Center, we offer an attractive benefits package including 401(k), paid time off, and health insurance options.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for performing various functions related to the accurate and timely charge capture and billing of patient medical procedures, office visits, and services so organizational and follow-through skills are very important. The ideal candidate for this position must have recent experience in medical billing and accounts receivable. Having a calm and professional demeanor with patients is vital. This position requires an extremely detail-oriented person with excellent customer service and communication skills and a strong work ethic.
Please see more detail required for this very important position.
- Claims submissions
- Researching claim denials accurately and timely
- Answering patient inquiries regarding outstanding balances
- Payment posting
- Charge capture/charge review
- Insurance benefit verification
- 1 year of medical billing experience
- Accounts receivable experience
- Revenue cycle experience
- Prior experience with Epic is a plus
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Strong follow-through skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office software
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism
- A team player who handles multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Maintaining a positive, caring attitude towards patients
- Paid time off
- Partially paid health insurance, elective dental/vision/AFLAC offered
- Paid parking
Please apply and send your resume to sandysprings@