Location: Sandy Springs, GA (Northside Hospital Area)
Family Practice Center, P.C. is a comprehensive, high-volume family practice medical group looking for a medical scribe to join our growing team. We pride ourselves on providing a wide variety of healthcare needs for our patients including top-level care and in-house diagnostic testing. We are proud to have become one of the highest-rated primary care practices with multiple locations in the metropolitan Atlanta area.
Our number one priority is providing quality patient care, and as a team member, you will support your colleagues, providers, and patients by offering the highest level of customer service.
At Family Practice Center, we offer an attractive benefits package including 401(k), paid time off, and health insurance options.
The ideal candidate for our medical scribe position must have proficient computer skills, have a calming demeanor, be self-driven, punctual, engaged and extremely professional, detail-oriented, and organized.
The medical scribe ensures timely and accurate documentation of medical records under a medical provider. Medical scribes accompany the provider in the exam rooms during patient examinations and record the information into the electronic medical record system so active listening skills are critical. Scribes must understand medical terminology, human anatomy, and HIPAA compliance. Scribe will also perform other clerical duties to assist providers and increase efficiency.
Please see more detail required for this very important position.
- Accompany medical provider into exam rooms and transcribe a history, physical examination, and other documentation directly related to the physician-patient encounter
- Document patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology, etc.
- List all diagnoses, follow up instructions, and prescriptions as dictated by the physician
- Document any procedures performed during the visit
- Other clerical tasks to help the medical provider work more efficiently and effectively
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct
- Compliance with HIPAA
- 6+mo experience as a medical scribe
- Prior knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy
- High school diploma required
- Ability to type 60 WPM
- Computer proficiency
- EMR experience (EPIC preferred)
- Ability to multi-task and maintain calmness during busy and stressful situations
- Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients
- Demonstrate positive, professional customer service in all patients, staff, and visitor contact
- Clear and effective active listening and communication skills
- Paid time off
- Partially paid health insurance, dental/vision/short and long term disability offered
- Paid parking
- Competitive salary
Please apply and send your resume to sandysprings@