A person’s health is obviously a matter of critical importance. So, it stands to reason that choosing a healthcare provider is not a decision that should be made lightly. Finding a doctor who is not only experienced, skilled, and certified, but also able to make you feel comfortable and respected during your time in their office, is crucial to ensuring that you and the people you care about most receive the best-possible medical care.
Here at Family Practice Center, we understand that finding a new primary care doctor can be a stressful experience. That’s why we are happy to help. Once you have narrowed down your search using the resources available to you (online reviews, personal and professional recommendations, etc.), speaking with your potential finalists can help determine if their expertise and sensibility are a good fit with what you are looking for. We recommend asking the following questions to any potential new primary care doctor that you meet with:
- Are you board-certified? In what area?
- Do you have any specific areas of expertise or specialty?
- How long have you been a primary care physician?
- Do you accept my health insurance provider?
- At which hospital(s) do you have hospital privileges if they should ever be needed?
- What is the standard wait time for an appointment?
- Are walk-in appointments available if needed?
- Is lab work and diagnostic testing like x-rays performed in the office?
- Is this a group practice and can I expect to see the same provider each time I visit?
- Do you have a secure patient portal where I can access my medical records and other information at home?
We know searching for a new doctor can be daunting. However, you will be happy in the long-run that you did your proper due diligence and found the healthcare provider who you feel best about caring for you and your loved ones. For more information or to schedule an appointment with one of our healthcare providers, contact Family Practice Center today. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter for additional tips, news, updates, and more.